Working on this site has stimulated my interest in genealogy, and I have begun work on an extensive family tree using Ancestry.com.
It turns out that I am (along with, at this point, probably 100,000 or more Americans) a direct descendant of Simon Hoyt, born in Somerset, England and immigrated to Massachusetts colony in 1629.
Skipping a couple of living generations (to respect their privacy), here is my line to Simon Hoyt via Adelia’s brother, William Hilton Haight:
- [My biological mother]
- [Her mother, my biological maternal grandmother]
- Blanche Adelia Haight (1901-1988) — my great-grandmother
- William Hilton Haight (1863-1925) [brother of Sarah Adelia Haight] — my 2nd great-grandfather
- Walter Smith Haight (1834-1908) — my 3rd great-grandfather
- Rowland Ricketson Haight (1807-1865) — my 4th great-grandfather
- Daniel Haight (1764-1830) — my 5th great-grandfather
- Joseph Haight (1718-1805) — my 6th great-grandfather
- Moses Haight III (1686-1754) — my 7th great-grandfather
- Moses Haight (Hoyt) Jr (1661-1711) — my 8th great-grandfather
- Moses Hoyt (1632-1711) — my 9th great-grandfather
- Simon Hoyt (1593-1657) — my 10th great-grandfather
Note (April 8, 2022): Ancestry.com has changed its link structure since this page was created, and many of these links currently point to the wrong person. I will make corrections as time allows.